Rules & Regulations
1. Cosmoprof North America Awards and Cosmopack North America Awards are only open to exhibitors at Cosmoprof North America 2022.
2. Multiple submissions are allowed but not more than 2 entries per category. Please submit one form for each award category.
3. Fully completed Entry Form of Cosmoprof & Cosmopack North America Awards must be submitted by 11:59 PM (Pacific Standard Time) on June 10, 2022.
4. Entries must be submitted in English only.
5. To ensure the highest possible score, the Entry Form for each award category should be completed in full, including only information that is relevant to the awards category to enable the judging panel to assess merit.
6. The organizer reserves the right, after consultation with the applicant, to amend applicants’ submitted forms section 1 “Award Category” as appropriate.
7. An entry to an award category cannot be withdrawn from the judging process once the applicant has been short-listed and announced as a Finalist.
8. Finalists are required (as the case maybe) to provide additional product information and copies of supporting documents upon the request of the organizer to their Entry Forms.
9. Once shortlisted as Finalists, companies are required to submit at least product samples and information requested by the organizer no later than June 30, 2022 within the deadline for the final judging. Finalists are required to cover any shipping / courier costs and duties related to the product sample submission. At least 2 products will have to be sent to the organizer and 2 products will have to be sent to BEAUTYSTREAMS according to the instructions provided by the organizer. The organizer declines any and all liability in case of deterioration, damage or alteration of the samples during transport to the place of delivery indicated by the organizer or during the unpacking and installation of the samples at the exhibition.
10. All information submitted including product samples will not be returned.
11. Entry does not grant an organization or individual rights to use the Cosmoprof North America Awards name, logo or images without the expressed written approval of Cosmoprof North America. Only Finalists will be granted a non exclusive, royalty free permission to use an Awards logo in compliance with the guidelines stipulated by the Awards’ organizer.
12. The organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withdraw any applicants from the judging process at any time, if their entries are deemed inappropriate for any reason (including false or inaccurate information declared in the Entry Form). Organizer reserves also the right, at its sole and unchallengeable discretion, to ban with immediate effect from the Awards any applicant in case of:
a. wrong filling of the entry form for whatsoever reason (including in case of provision of false or inaccurate information);
b. ascertained or suspected infringement of third party rights including intellectual property rights and copyrights;
c. disparaging behavior or corruption towards the jurors of the Awards and/or the organizer’s personnel;
d. any dispute and/or claim pertaining to the products and/or to the contents presented by applicant to the awards. In the event that the infringement and / or illicit behavior of the applicant should result in actions or claims by third parties also involving the organizer, the applicant in question shall indemnify and hold harmless the organizer from any and all direct or indirect damages, loss or expense (including disbursements and legal fees) connected with or deriving from the aforementioned breaches or tort of the applicant.
13. By submitting the designs, images and product samples to the organizer , each applicant agrees and declares that he/she is authorized to and hereby grants Organizer and its licensees and assignees, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to exercise all rights in the designs, images and product samples and all material provided by the applicant to organizer at any time (including, but not limited to, the right to use, to copy, edit and/or modify, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast and republish in any/all media).
14. Every applicant should note that the Submission may be publicly disclosed. If deemed necessary or appropriate, the applicant should file a patent application before submission. Nevertheless, subject to institutional policy, every applicant shall be solely responsible for the pursuit of any form of intellectual property protection for their submission. The organizer is not liable for infringement or abuse of any design as a result of entry into the Awards or as a result of any subsequent promotion and publicity.
15. The organizer will not be responsible for proof of originality of all entries, nor be liable for protection of design copyright. Each applicant retains sole copyright and is therefore solely liable for his/her design(s).
16. In the event of any disputes, the organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entry and/or retract any award from the applicant. All decisions made by the organizer are final and binding in all aspects relating to the COSMOPROF AWARDS.
17. By entering this award you warrant that: (a) All details provided with your entry are true and accurate; (b) You have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Rules & Regulations; (c) You are the copyright owner of the submitted photograph and/or images as its author, (and any individual whose image is featured in the photograph has given consent for the use of his/her image); (d) The exercise of the rights granted to organizeri n these Rules & Regulations will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will fully indemnify organizer against any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense whatsoever resulting from any breach of these warranties.
18. The Finalists will be announced on Friday, June 17, 2022 on the Cosmoprof North America Awards website (www.northamerica.cosmoprofawards.com).
19. The winners will be announced on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at Cosmoprof North America.
20. Judges will consider each entry submission against the category criteria and their own discretion based on their relevant experience and expertise.
21. Judges' decisions are final and binding and no discussions or correspondence will be accepted relating to any of their decisions.
22. Organizer is not liable for any costs or liabilities incurred by applicants during the judging process.
23. Any applicant who, in the opinion of the judges or the organizer, is perceived to have harassed or bribed any member of the judging panel or the Cosmoprof Awards team will have their entries disqualified.